59 Avocet Best of Dunes: H59 Oceanfront Luxury
Size –6 Bedrooms • 5 Bathrooms (4 full, 1 half) 5 Baths (4 full, 1 half) • Sleeps 8-14
BEST OF DUNES is the experienced management company for this amazing oceanfront home ~ we are in our tenth year connecting travelers to dream vacations!
** NEW **
!! TWO BRAND NEW KITCHENS !!
!! NEW FURNITURE UPSTAIRS !!
!! ALL NEW APPLIANCES IN 2 KITCHENS !!
!! ELECTRIC FIREPLACE!!
There is NO other rental home like this at Pajaro Dunes -- it is very large, oceanfront, generously equipped and offers wide open views from Monterey to Santa Cruz. Live the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" on your vacation and share with your nearest and dearest.
House 59 is a 4500+ SqFt, double-wide single family home with 75 feet of beach frontage and a 50 foot long balcony - unusually large for a front row home at Pajaro Dunes! This home will exceed your expectations in ways you never thought possible at Pajaro Dunes. Due to house height restrictions you simply will not find another home of this size and capacity in the oceanfront row of homes -- secure your spot now so you don't have to break up your family into multiple properties!
NOTE: NEW ELECTRIC FIREPLACE WITH REMOTE CONTROL- no wood
The layout of this home offers the ultimate convenience for multiple families or multiple generations who want to stay in one home together rather than rent multiple properties. Two full primary bedroom suites offer mom and dad, and grandma and grandpa, all the luxury and privacy you deserve. Enjoy ALL your time together in quality accommodations for a combined cost that is less than the price of two rental homes!
This home has five separate bedrooms (two with private bathrooms) with 6 separate beds, and many, many conversation spaces. A family/media room downstairs can be used as a sixth "open" bedroom with fold down couches (adding two more full sized beds = 8 total beds comprised of 4 king, 4 full size).
The top floor encompasses TWO full living rooms with many cozy gathering areas, conversation seating areas, and multiple dining tables. For entertainment, you'll find...
• New electric heated fireplace insert with remote control
• An enormous 75" 4K SmartTV (2020 model) with a soundbar and video-streaming apps (use your streaming accounts)
• Klipsch reference audio system with Bluetooth streaming
• Blueray DVD player and 800 DVDs
• Cable TV (Charter Spectrum) with the usual live channels and sports stations
• Convertible full size pool table / ping-pong table, with pool and ping pong equipment
• Game playing nook with a stocked game and puzzle closet
• Two skywatching/birdwatching telescopes
The highlight of the top floor is the oceanfront, west-facing 50 foot balcony with outdoor dining seating for your entire group of up to 12 adults + 2 kids. Enjoy the incredible sunsets with a gourmet dinner or a glass of wine from two chaise lounges. Look for humpback whale spouts, dolphins, seals, and coastal birds from this incredible vantagepoint. The panoramic view spans from the Monterey Peninsula in the south, all the way to Santa Cruz to the north.
Also upstairs are TWO full kitchens with...
• BRAND NEW full size refrigerators, stoves/ovens, dishwashers and microwaves
• Wine fridge
• Drip coffeemaker, Keurig, Nespresso, French press
• Toasters, griddle, panini-maker, instapot-style pressure/slow/rice cooker, vitamix blender, waffle maker and more small appliances
• Oversized pots and pans
• Glassware of many types, plenty of silverware and dishes
• Large Weber iGrill BBQ (propane included)
• Spices and pantry basics
... Everything you need to entertain and feed your large group of up to 12 adults + 2 additional kids!
The top floor also has one full bathroom with a shower, plus another half bath “powder room” with a sink and toilet.
The lower level contains the bedroom wing with the following rooms:
• Deluxe OCEAN VIEW primary suite with king bed, a 50” 4K TV, private ocean view patio, blackout curtains, adjustable height work desk with a widescreen computer monitor and deluxe full bathroom with a huge body spray shower and a soaking tub, with hair dryer. The sand-level patio outside hosts casual couch seating plus 8 adirondack chairs.
• Media/family room with a 65” 4K TV, a collection of over 800 DVDs for your enjoyment, baby changing table and two full-sized fold-down couches with bedding available for extra sleeping space. (Note: “full” size bed is in between twin and queen)
• Rear second primary suite with a 50” 4K TV (2020) and a private full bathroom, king bed and a private work desk
• King bedroom with a 50” 4K TV (2020) and a private work desk
• Second King bedroom with a 50” 4K TV (2020) and a private work desk
• Bunk room (two full-size beds styled as bunkbeds) and a private work desk, 32" Roku TV with wifi connectivity for your apps
• All the bedrooms with TV's have streaming capability (bring your own accounts), Blue-ray DVD players (and 800 DVDs), plus some also have live cable TV service
• Hall bathroom with stall shower, separate tub and double vanity, for use by two king bedrooms, bunk room and media room
• Laundry room with full size washer, dryer, iron, beach towels
The maximum allowed headcount is 12 adults + 2 kids (not 14 adults), day or night. We do not allow day visitors who would put headcount over the maximum limit. Keep in mind 4 of the 8 beds are “Full” size and may not be found suitable for two adults each as they are narrower and shorter than Queen size. If you have any questions about the sleeping arrangements please contact Best of Dunes.
For work and school, the house is better equipped than any other:
• WIFI-6 (latest standard) mesh routers throughout the house with wall-to-wall coverage
• Gigabit internet service can handle simultaneous streaming, work and remote study needs
• Cordless phones with free local and long distance
• A desk, chair and work light in *every* bedroom plus an extra (portable) table and chair available in *every* bedroom closet for more work or school space wherever you prefer
For the outdoor enthusiast, we provide loaner equipment (availability subject to change):
• Beach toys, chairs, umbrellas, towels, coolers
• Some basic boogie boards (subject to availability)
• Tennis racquets and balls (Pajaro Dunes has tennis and pickleball courts)
• Basketball, football and volleyball, and ball pump (Pajaro Dunes has full size basketball court and sand volleyball court)
• Beach cart
• Plenty of carpet and deck space for oceanfront yoga or exercise
• Of course, miles and miles of uninterrupted beach frontage for hikes and runs
• Pajaro Dunes also has "human" size chess board and connect4, horseshoes and bocce ball on site (with equipment available to borrow)
• Pajaro Dunes also has a field for soccer (with goal) or baseball (with backstop), bring your own equipment
Upon return from your adventures, take advantage of the hot exterior shower at the lower patio entry directly to the bedroom wing.
The house is also equipped for babies and toddlers...
• Baby plastic bath
• Changing table
• Loaner stroller
• ONE highchair
• Portable gate/fence/enclosure
• Large supply of plastic cups, plates and flatware
• Some toys (legos, dollhouse, kid sized table/chairs)
• DVD movies
• Step stools in bathrooms
• 2 Pak n Plays
• We strictly enforce the maximum adult + kid headcount day and night, which includes adults and children and prevents day visitors that go above the total.
• NO pets, no exceptions are permitted - Pet rules are enforced, violations are fined and required to vacate. This is a gated community with onsite security that will be monitoring unauthorized pets.
• Security camera views outdoor space that is also visible by public.
• This is not an "event" home - it is a single family home for vacation rental only and we do not host weddings, events and we do not allow additional day visitors over the maximum.
• The house is not easily wheelchair accessible - there are several flights of stairs from the car park to the house and to the beach.
• This house and Pajaro Dunes are strictly No Smoking and no open fires. There are several designated smoking areas in the community, inquire with your host.
Local attractions include:
• Local farms - berry picking and fresh produce
• Santa Cruz (30 min) boardwalk and theme park attractions, harbor, Natural Bridges and tide pools
• Monterey (25 min) Fisherman's Wharf, Aquarium and Canary row
• Kayak, paddle boarding, surf and skim board lessons (ask about on-site lessons)
• Hiking, spelunking, rock climbing, mountain biking pursuits nearby
• Wineries and breweries for tasting tours
• World renowned bird watching and kayaking at Elkhorn Slough (10 min)
• Horse riding on the beach
• Golfing paradise from local public ocean view courses (10 min) to the world famous Pebble Beach (45 min).
• Restaurants and shopping in Capitola, Moss Landing, Aptos and Watsonville (10-15 min)
• Carmel-by-the-sea, Paso Robles and Big Sur day trips: 17-mile drive, Mission at Carmel or the Mission at San Juan Bautista are favorites.
• 1 Hour to San Jose and the Silicon Valley
• 1:45 Hours to San Francisco (1:30 to SFO airport)
Cal DRE Brokers License # 01970986
Santa Cruz County TOT Reg. CO00635
Rates & Availability
Cancellation Policy: Ninety-seven percent (97.00%) of the total booking charges will be refunded if the cancellation is made more than 60 days prior to the arrival date of the reservation. Forty-seven percent (47.00%) of the total booking charges will be refunded if the cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to the arrival date of the reservation. For cancellations made within 30 days prior to the arrival date, no refund will be issued.
About the Owner
|Setting & View||
5 Bathrooms (4 full, 1 half)
5 Baths (4 full, 1 half)
|Sports & Adventure||
- Registration Number
- Santa Cruz County TOT # CO00635 & CA DRE Broker Lic # 01970986